Monday, March 3, 2008

Blah

I am exhausted. Just simply tired and not sure if it will ever get better. I wonder why life gets so overwhelming and busy. I firmly believe that God wants us to enjoy life and showers us with blessing upon blessing. I think that life gets so busy that we don't see the blessing. I know that I bring it on myself, but it is a frustrating circle nonetheless. I have so much to be thankful for, and so much support and encouragement in my life. I still feel like I am floundering and there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I know I am not alone in those feelings, but I wonder why so many people feel this way and yet we do nothing to change it. Life is all about relationships, yet the focus is often on things and activities. I was trying to think of ways to simplify and make life less stressful and I realized that with 4 children, it is just going to be a full life. There are 6 schedules in our house. 6 different sets of likes, dislikes, interests, hobbies, etc.. Even with one activity per person we would be doing something 6 times a week. God does have a sense of humor. I know that one of these decades when I finally give up control I will get the answer to my question. I will know how to live a life that is full of important relationships and not so many things on a "to do" list. I am waiting for that day and excited to see how God is going to bring me there. I know I can't do it myself- I have been trying that for far too long and not doing so well at it. I am just wondering how long I will continue to fight God and go to bed exhausted every night. I am waiting for the energy that submitting to Him brings. I know what I want to do- I just can't seem to let go of the reins and let the one who created me take over. One of these days.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see another entry. I always enjoy reading your blog. I bet you are very surprised I wrote anything.