Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring?

The birds are singing outside my window and it is raining instead of snowing. Spring is here! I hope. Ernie Banks got his long overdue statue at Wrigley and the Cubs are playing ball. It is a very good day. I had a long conversation with a friend of mine today about wanting to be perfect. He is caught up in wanting to be perfect for God and is forgetting that Jesus is the perfect one. We are to aim for perfection, but we also need to realize that we will not achieve it on earth. It is not a free pass to be a slacker. It is, however, a promise full of hope. I am listening to the Cubs play and Ernie is talking- what a man. He too has always been full of hope. He is a gracious man, and so humble. He is amazing. I can't wait to get to Wrigley and see the statue. I digress. I pray that my friend can be content in his brokenness and can see the beauty of what God has made in him. I pray that everyone can see God knows what He is doing, and that we have to stop pretending to be something we are not and let the potential that is in us out. We are like spring- there is beauty within and in the right time, we will burst forth and share our beauty with all those around us.

No comments: