Monday, October 13, 2008

time

Summer is but a memory and fall is here. How do I manage to waste so much time. I love to write, and yet I spend very little time actually writing. I would love to publish a book someday (as if I have the talent to do so) and yet I want it to fall into my lap. I have had amazing feedback on the writing that has been shared publicly, and it does encourage and uplift me, and yet I still sit waiting for the deal to come. I am not an arrogant person by nature, and here I am, arrogantly thinking I am worthy of something at all, let alone, having it fall into my lap.  How frustrated God must be with us when we live so much of our life wasting time instead of enjoying the goodness He gives us.  I firmly believe that God only gives us glimpses of joy on earth because we cannot handle the full joy that will be ours in Heaven, but I also believe that we miss a whole lot of the goodness that is delivered to us.  As much as I shake my head at my kids,  God has to be shaking His head at me.  I just finished reading the Shack.  It is a wonderful book.  It did make me think about relationships and how blessed I am in my life.  There is so much I want to write at the moment, and yet, I feel compelled to go take care of some other things. So- for now- this is it- just some ramblings and nonsensical thoughts......

No comments: