Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter has arrived.  It is brisk outside.   The snow has blanketed the ground, the trees have branches of glistening white, and life is beautiful.  Until the kids get home.  Then the bickering begins.  I don't think they are physically capable of saying ANYTHING to each other that is not mean, nasty, annoying, argumentative, teasing, or just generally worthless.  I truly truly love my kids, but sometimes I don't like them very much.  I have noticed that I have started to put more time into other things and less time into the kids, and therefore the behavior has gone noticeably  downhill.  I guess my dreams of lounging around the house because the children I have trained so marvelously well are doing the laundry, dishes, baking, cooking, cleaning, decorating, have been shattered.  It is difficult enough to get them to do their own homework.  I am going to try a new plan after school today.  It will be all about them.  I will not do a thing that does not involve them and see how the afternoon goes.  I am picking an easy afternoon since they have choir at 5, but hey- it will still be two and a half hours of all mom all the time.  I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Amanda Close To My Heart Consultant said...

I would love to know how it is going!

Amanda