Thursday, February 5, 2009

How did Job do it?

I have been thinking about Job a lot lately.  I just want to know how he stood so firm in his joy and faith.  I want to be content in my circumstances.  I want to praise God in all things.  I have an amazing life.  I have been abundantly blessed.  I seem to continually struggle with the same "thorns in my flesh".  I make the same mistakes. Over. and over. and over. and over.  It is tiring.  I don't know how God puts up with me.  I want to change my behavior pattern, and yet I fall into the same rut.  I have begged God to help me.  I had a revelation the other day that perhaps things hadn't change because I was always trying to come up with the solutions on how to best "fix" the problems.  I realized I needed to just let God do his thing.  That is easier said then done though, when bills need to be paid and money has to come from somewhere.    I look at some of the things I struggle with on a daily basis and I just have to shake my head.  I don't know how I arrived at this place.  I don't know how to leave.  I am stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it.  I have been praying for surrender for quite some time, and it has been a painful process, but I still have  along way to go.   I don't feel much closer to the destination, and that is disheartening.  However, I do know that God is walking beside me, and oftentimes, He is carrying me.  He is the only way I am making it through each day.  He is the only way I will be able to continue to shine.   He is the reason why someday  I will understand how Job was able to be content.  He is the way I will someday be content myself.  I am just waiting for that day to arrive.

No comments: