Monday, February 16, 2009


I am perplexed.   I just got through a very interesting week.  To say it was busy is an understatement.  I had 3 very important events happening.  I was very excited and looking forward to all of the events.  On Tuesday,  I was out walking and got a call that Meghan was in the office not feeling well.  She had a temp of 99.4.  Normally I would tell her to see if she can just make it through the day, but I needed her to be well for an event thursday night, and I was informed that Meg was the 3rd 4th grader in the office that day.  I finished my walk and picked her up from school.  I then decided that I was going to keep the rest of the girls home from their activities that night as well.  I am so glad I did, because I started feeling cold clammy, and then I was hot, and then cold.  It was awful.  I ended up going to bed at 8.  Looking back, I just have to thank God.  He gave me just enough energy to get through each day.  I should have been in bed,  but I just didn't have that luxury, and God provided everything I needed to get through.  I was fighting a fever each day,  I was hacking up alternating lungs, but I was able to get things  accomplished through His grace and mercy.    I made it through all 3 events and I am positive that God met us at all 3.  It was awesome.  One of the events was a gala for school.  My girls sang.  I know I am biased, but they sounded like angels.  It was beautiful.  The other 2 events were on friday- Gretchen's birthday and Valentine's party.  Friday night Gretchen told me the best part of her birthday was her party, so I guess I did alright there.  The moms did a great job running the party, so I am thankful for them.  I had plenty of people praying for me ( I know I sounded terrible, and I must have looked terrible as well) and it truly  got me through the week.  On saturday morning,  I got up and went to the doctor.  I actually had a fever at the office, so that was nice-you know as opposed to showing up at the doctor's and looking great and telling  them you have spent the last week feeling miserable and having them give you that look like you are the biggest hypochondriac they have ever seen.  It was determined that I have bronchitis.  I was told to go home and rest.  I spent saturday and sunday on the oversized chair.  I had no energy.  Walking up the stairs made me wheeze.  I have no idea how I made it through the week other than prayers and the grace of God.  I am seriously perplexed.  It blows me away.  God is good. I count this last week as a miracle.  There is no other explanation.  

No comments: